Our Community, Our Culture, Our People.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top 10 community markets, the Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market is the City’s traditional Saturday morning (6am-1pm) gathering spot downtown for fresh and healthy foods, craft, creativity and conversation. With more than 250 indoor and outdoor local suppliers from along the St. John River Heritage Corridor and across the Province, The Market (as it’s known here) is the place to discover seasonal products like fiddleheads and blueberries , ultra-fresh produce, including organics, meats & seafood, cakes & confections, breads, cheeses & homemade jams, fresh-squeezed juices & New Brunswick wines, specialty coffees & beans. Ethnic delicacies, from Chinese buns to Lebanese stuffed grape leaves and the City’s famous samosas, are also a big part of The Market tradition. A vibrant space with one-of-a-kind gifts, colourful and quirky, finds include pottery, jewelry, paintings, textiles and lawn sculptures. Breakfast is served up on site, either inside from the restaurant or outside in our Food Alley where it’s falafel sandwiches and buffalo burgers galore.
Meet you at The Market!
The Market is also a rustic rentable space for conference off-site social events, concerts, wedding receptions and community events.
The following is the procedure for persons interested in applying to the Fredericton Boyce Farmers' Market:
- Our focus is on the New Brunswick counties of York, Sunbury, and Queens
- Application kits can be mailed or emailed out to interested persons - this kit includes cover letter, governing rules and regulations, and an application form for the present fiscal year (April 1 to March 31)
- Application should be completed and returned, accompanied by an adminstraton fee of $30. Please include samples or photos of your product to assist with the application review process
- The product that the applicant wishes to sell must be made by the applicant
- The acceptance of any application to the Market is at the discretion of Newmarket Properties Inc.
- Application processing can take several weeks
- A written reply is sent to inform an applicant as to whether or not they have been accepted
- If an application is denied - decisions are final as rendered - although reasons for decline are not stated, considerations include the overall mix of the Market and the percentages of the different categories.
- Should an applicant be accepted - this places them in the category of Casual Vendor
- Casual Vendor booths are assigned at random by the Market Coordinator
- Presently the stall fees range from $20.00 to $40.00 (tax included) and they are paid by assigned Market day
- There is no guarantee of an available stall on any given Market day
- Permits remain the property of Newmarket Properties Inc, and may be suspended or cancelled at their discretion
- The Market hours for the public are Saturdays from 6am to 1pm
View the complete list of rules and regulations here (April 2016 rules and regulations are being revised)
The Market allows 4 non profit organizations to book space on each Saturday. Any non profit is allowed to attend 4 different Saturdays per year. This is done so that all non profit organizations have the opportunity to be at the Market. We strongly encourage non profit organizations to book their space as early as possible as these spaces are becoming very popular. Please contact the Market Coordinator for additional information about these spaces.